Many people are happy to support the work of the Oregon Symphony as a whole by giving an unrestricted gift to the Oregon Symphony. Others want to ensure a lasting legacy of an endowment gift by specifying the Oregon Symphony Foundation as the recipient of their planned gift. You may also designate a particular area for support, such as education, recording, guest artists or a named chair.
The Oregon Symphony staff is happy to work with you to identify the program which will fulfill your wishes for a lasting legacy. Some examples of designated gifts include:
- Education and Community Engagement: supports the important work of the Oregon Symphony with children and their families, communities and educators both inside and outside the concert hall.
- Recording: dedicated to documenting, broadcasting and preserving the artistry of the Oregon Symphony through the current technology of the day.
- Music Library: maintains this most important resource for the orchestra. Our library not only researches, organizes and prepares individual parts for each musician, but also preserves and builds a permanent historical collection of works.
- Guest Artists: brings the world’s outstanding musical talents to perform with the Oregon Symphony.
- Program: gifts may be specified for a particular type of musical series, such as the Pops, Classical, or audience development initiatives.
Please contact the Oregon Symphony Development office at 503-228-4294 to discuss opportunities for planned giving or e-mail Foundation@orsymphony.org.