The most rewarding part of planned giving is knowing that you can make truly wonderful things happen with the resources you have accumulated during your lifetime.
Through your will, you can direct the division of your property in the way you choose, providing for your family members, favorite charitable institutions, or other people or causes that are important to you.
Without a will, your assets will be distributed according to state law. Through estate planning, you have the satisfaction of deciding exactly how and where to give.
A planned gift to the Oregon Symphony Foundation offers many potential benefits. You may:
- Leave a lasting and important legacy for the next generation of Oregon Symphony audiences;
- Provide additional income at attractive rates for you and your family;
- Receive an immediate income tax deduction;
- Reduce your income, estate and capital gains taxes;
- Gain membership in the Encore Society;
- Receive recognition for you or honor a loved one through a naming opportunity.
There are many ways to give to the Oregon Symphony. We welcome the opportunity to help you develop a gift arrangement that meets your philanthropic and financial goals. The enclosed materials offer some ways of giving and the benefits and circumstances that can help guide your planning.
We encourage you to discuss your intentions with your attorney or financial advisor. Our staff will work with your advisors to help you explore the options and benefits in your gift planning process.
Please contact the Oregon Symphony Development office at 503-228-4294 to discuss opportunities for planned giving or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.