Volunteers play an important role at the Oregon Symphony. In this past year, over 2,600 hours of service were contributed by 125 volunteers! We sincerely appreciate the time and energy volunteers dedicate to the Symphony's mission. Volunteer enthusiasm and their continued support for the Oregon Symphony is an important part of our organization.
Get involved in our education & community programs
Volunteers for Oregon Symphony Education & Community Engagement play a central role in achieving our goal of providing opportunities for all Oregonians to engage in high quality artistic experiences in music. We look to our volunteers to act as ambassadors for our programs and above all, advocates for arts education. Specific volunteer activities include:
- Visiting area classrooms as docents to help deepen the experience for students and teachers who are attending an Oregon Symphony Youth Concert
- Greeting and assisting pre-schoolers and their parents at library Symphony Storytimes
- Ushering at school day Kinderkonzerts in area host schools and for our Youth Concerts at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall
- Collaborating on developing curriculum materials to support our programs
- Helping with clerical needs in the office
- Assisting with various community events
Introduce yourself by filling out and sending in our Education Volunteer Interest Form today.
Friends of the Oregon Symphony
The Friends of the Oregon Symphony welcome men and women interested in helping the Oregon Symphony engage as broad a statewide audience as possible. One of the Symphony's premiere volunteer organizations, the Friends offer exciting opportunities to help promote awareness of the Symphony's many concerts and music education activities across the state. Members of the Friends are a diverse group more than 200 strong who find many ways to contribute their time and talents.